- Start your morning with these:
1 cup white flour
1/4 pound vegan butter -- softened
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg replacer
2 ounces sugar
2 ounces white raisins
Walnut halves (optional)
Mix flour and baking powder. Add butter, and blend until the mixture is butter-colored. Add sugar and continue to mix well. Add half the egg replacer and all the milk. Add raisins or some nuts, if desired, mixing well to make a sticky dough. Turn dough onto floured board and knead for at least 5 minutes or longer. Cut dough into rounds and place on greased baking sheet or hot frying pan. Brush tops of scones with remainder of the egg replacer. Place walnut halves on top, if desired. Bake at 350 to 375 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown. If preparing over an open fire, heat frying pan till very hot . Place scones in pan and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn and cook for another 7 to 8 minutes.
- To chow on before your big night out so that you fill up on some tasty starches. Starches slow down alcohol absorption ; ) This is also good to fight off your bludgeoning headache the morning after!
6 stalks of celery, sliced
4 large carrots, sliced
2 small onions, chopped
3 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
3 better then chicken bullion cubes (or any vegan chicken bullion brand you like), dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
6 cups unsweetened soymilk
1/2 cup flour
1 stick of vegan butter
Combine the potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, water, and seasonings in a large pan. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Combine a small amount of milk and flour until smooth. Add this mixture and the rest of milk to the potato mixture. Stir in the butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until the soup thickens.
- For a sweet treat at your festivities or to bring to a party. Again, the potatoes help with alcohol absorption.
2 T vegan butter
8 oz self-raising flour
6 oz freshly mashed potatoes
4 T soymilk
5 medium cooking apples
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 T Cider
Mix the butter into the hot mashed potatoes, add a good pinch of salt, and the flour, and mix well, then add enough milk to make a soft, slack dough. Roll out and line a 1-qt bowl with some of it, reserving enough for the lid. Fill with the apples, peeled and cored and finely sliced, and sweeten to taste with sugar. Add 2 whole cloves, the lemon juice and the cider (or water), taking care not to make it too wet. Dampen the pastry edges, lay the lid on and press down. Cover with foil and secure well. Steam, or cook set in boiling water up to the rim, for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Serve cut in wedges with vegan whipped cream and/or vegan ice cream.
- Have a nice cup of Milk Thistle Tea with your meal as it will aid in your liver's ability to process alcohol better ; )
- For the morning after, to replace electrolytes & rehydrate ; )
- Have some Ginger Root Tea, bananas & saltines handy for upset tummies.