Keep from turning green the day after all the festivities by:
- Drinking plenty of water before going out to drink as well as drinking an occasional glass of plain water during the time that you are consuming alcohol. Be sure drink a full glass of water just before going to sleep that night.
- Have a dinner of starchy foods such as pasta or potatoes. Starchy foods slow down the alcohol absorption.
- Drink slowly (nurse your drinks). Less alcohol consumption equals less chance for a hangover.
Things that can help you if you do overdo it are:
- Taking vitamin c as it will help to breakdown the alcohol faster in your body.
- As soon as you wake in the morning drink another full glass of water.
- Also, taking vitamin B complex capsules you will lessen the time that your hangover will last.
- You can make a hangover tea by crushing 5 to 6 thyme leaves and place them in a cup. Fill the cup with water and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove the leaves and drink the remaining liquid.
- Placing a cold pack to the forehead will give immediate relief from a headache.
- Consuming alcohol puts toxins into your body. You can help to drain these toxins from your body by taking a hot bath in the morning. When you drain the toxins you will experience less symptoms.
- Eat a banana for breakfast the morning after you have been drinking.
- 2 oz Melon Vodka
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- Splash of orange curaçao
- juice of 2 limes
Vegan Irish Cream (add it to coffee or any creamy cocktail!!)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- 2 tbls choc syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup of whiskey
Have a "Super" fun and "Super" safe St. Paddy's day!!